“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” — Colossians 1:9-14
Day 1 - His Name is Higher
Give thanks to the Lord for His holiness, His unchanging mercy. In a world that is constantly changing, in a church that is in the process of transition, we take comfort in the fact that God never changes.
Praise the LORD for His unchanging
- Holy Spirit
Day 2 - His Will Is Bigger
Meditate on the Great Commandment (Mark 12:28-31) and the Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20).
Ask the LORD to continue to reveal His will for WCC as we minister across the street and around the world.
- For a deeper burden for the world that needs the gospel
- For each WCC missionary family BY NAME and for God to call new missionaries from WCC
- That WCC En Español will be effective as God continues to open doors
- Ask God to continue to bless the work and provide for the Missions Home in supernatural ways
Day 3 - HIS Provision is Enough
Praise God for His faithfulness and provision throughout these 27 years of ministry. Praise the LORD for Pastor Terry & Phillis Faulkenbury and their labor and love. Ask the LORD for His provision as He writes the next chapters for WCC.
Ask the LORD to provide:
- Wisdom, protection, and discernment for your pastors as they lead
- Healing, restoration and rest for Pastor Terry Faulkenbury and Phyllis
- Lost people in your life with whom you can share the Gospel, disciple, and grow the church
- Greater diversity in the ages and ethnicities of WCC Membership (through His Spirit)
- God’s people to continue to worship the LORD through giving
Day 4 - His Forgiveness is Needed
When Joshua was taking Israel across the Jordan without Moses, he called the people to set themselves apart in prayer because they had not “passed this way before” and the LORD was about to do wonders among them. Today, let’s focus on personal revival, cleansing, and holiness.
- For God’s Spirit to convict and convince believers of specific sins that they have committed (especially any sin that would fuel disunity or get in the way of the Gospel)
- For forgiveness for your lack of priority or passion in prayer, worship, fellowship, ministry, personal outreach
- That you and other believers will be renewed, restored and revived as the Holy Spirit rekindles the joy of your salvation.
- That as we experience cleansing and holiness we will be passionate about sharing that faith with a lost world.
Day 5 - His People Are Forgivers
With God’s forgiveness for your sins in view, ask the LORD to make you a forgiver of others. Let go of unforgiveness and bitterness. Ask the LORD to rewrite your instincts of criticism or fault-finding into a beautiful reflection of His forgiveness and love. Meditate on Prov. 10:12; 17:9; 1 Peter 4:8.
- That the Lord will strengthen His church in all times and seasons of life.
- That “the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit” would be tangible in this church (2 Cor 13:11-14)
- That the LORD would wash over you with His love so that the actions or offenses of others wouldn’t cause you to stumble
- That you would take that message of forgiveness to a world broken by sin
Day 6 - His Leadership Is Essential
In Exodus 33, Moses says to the LORD “…If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here…”
- For God’s rule in your own heart as you spend time in His Word, prayer, and live out your life in Christ.
- For God’s rule in this church as we worship and are on mission together.
- For God’s rule in WCC’s pastors BY NAME as they pray, study, and follow the Lord’s leadership
- For God’s leadership as WCC prioritizes ministry to Children & Students
“Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” — Colossians 3:12-17